The Nissan Pathfinder 2005 is the third generation since the first manufacture of this nameplate started in 1986. Nissan unveiled it during the Dune hawk Concept and showcased it at the IAA 2003 in Frankfurt in August in 2003. In 2004 there was a complete redesign launched at the North American International Auto Show.
The 2005 Nissan Pathfinder uses the Nissan F-Alpha platform, which is an automobile platform Nissan uses in creating their trucks and SUVs. Among other vehicles Nissan has used this platform in constructing, are the Titan pickup trucks, Nissan Frontier, the Nissan Xterra, the Armada, the infinity QX56 SUVs, the Nissan NV series van and the Nissan Patrol Y62.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder - The Lorry of Naija drivers
In Nigeria, the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder is popularly known as ‘Lorry’, and this model can still be seen on many Nigeria roads notwithstanding that it is 14 years old. Many owners/drivers still using this vehicle have disclosed that they love it because of its brilliant look, and how it fits perfectly on the Nigeria roads. Thinking of buying this car? Naijauto.com thinks you’d appreciate knowing just a bit more about this 4 door SUV. Check out all about Nissan Pathfinder 2005 review and prices in Nigeria.
2. Nissan Pathfinder 2005 trims
The 2005 Nissan Pathfinder comes in four trims which are the XE, SE, SE Premium (Off-Road), and the LE, with all trims sharing common features such as the 4.0L V-6 Engine and the same seven seating for all. The SE Premium and above has a sun roof.
4 trims are available for the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
3. Prices of the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder in Nigeria (new, tokunbo & Nogerian used)
Even though the vehicle is an older model, it’s still very possible to get a new one and also the Nigeria used and the foreign used (Tokunbo) models at moderate rates that are far from newer Nissan SUV prices. Here are the 2005 model prices.
4. Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Exterior: simple yet modern
The car has the simple look of a semi modern SUV. It has a similar look to the Nissan Armada where the angular lines and the bumper are quite visible with a roof rack which is standard. The trims of the vehicle come with different alloy wheels and tire sizes. While the XE, SE, and SE Off-Road have 16-inch alloy wheels which holds a 245/75, 265/70 and 265/75 all-terrain tires, respectively, the LE trim comes with a lightweight 17-inch with 265/65 all-terrain tires. The exterior of the vehicle also has basic features such as the headlights, LED lights and the foldable door mirror.
Side view 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
5. 2005 Nissan Pathfinder interior - confortable and generous compared with its time
5.1 Convenience on Nissan Pathfinder 2005
You may not find the latest technology unlike the more recent Nissan Pathfinders or SUVs but the interior of this 2005 boasts of comfort and is generously supplied when compared to its date of production. On the dashboard and cabin you can find features like the:
- Audio and climate controls.
- Six-speaker with AM/FM/CD sound system.
- A cruise control system.
- CD auto-changer that is enabled with a steering wheel control
- Keyless remote entry.
- Tire pressure monitor
- Four cup holders.
- Air conditioning (which has a dual-zone auto with rear controls for the LE standard but optional for SE trim)
- The Bose sound system with six-disc CD changer, MP3 and XM satellite capability available for the SE Premium.
- DVD-based navigation with a Bose audio is available for the LE trim
- Mobile Entertainment System supplied for the SE and LE trims.
- Comfort features like the 12 tie-down hooks and the 12V power points.
- Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and immobilizer
- Auto-dim rear view mirror that is available for SE premium.
Cockpit of 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
5.2. Safety features
Nissan supplies adequate safety features for its vehicles. There are air bags which are available optionally for all trims and that includes the side and side-curtain airbags. There is also an available smart front airbag and active front head rest. For all trims there are three point seats belts for all passengers in the car which are all standard. You can also find fair good safety features like stability control, and the ABS with Brake Assist and Electronic Brake force Distribution.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 4x4, V6, 7 passenger
5.3. Seating in the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
The 2005 Nissan Pathfinder is a seven seating vehicle that provides comfort for its driver and passengers as the car has a good amount of room in it. The cabin space alone is about 26 percent of the car size. There is enough space for head, leg, shoulder and the hip; the front head room is 40.0 inches, the rear head room is 36.7 inches, the front leg room is 42.4 inches, the rear leg room is 28.1 inches, the front shoulder room is 58.3 inches, while the rear shoulder room is 57.1 inches.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder seats
For drivers, who are quite tall, the headroom is very accommodating as you don’t need to make use of the power sunroof. Nissan provides the 2005 Pathfinder with an eight-way driver's seat which is activated in all trims but the XE trims. The LE trim has an additional four way power to the fold-flat passenger perch. It also has front seat heaters. While the second and the third row seat are very comfortable for kids, it can also be comfortable for adults.
>>> 8 best 3-row SUVs to drive in 2019
>>> 6 best family cars in 2019
5.4. Cargo space
The cargo space for the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder is adequate. When all the seats are in use, the cargo space is 16.1 cu ft. When the second row seat has been folded flat at the tug of a lever, the cargo space goes from 16.1 cu ft. to a 49.2 cu ft. If you want to create additional space in the cargo space, you can fold all the seats, both the second and the third rows to create a good space of 79.2 cu ft. In all the seats can be folded 40/20/40 and the space resulting is very useful in carrying big family luggage.
6. Engine & fuel economy of Nissan Pathfinder 2005 - not too impressive as a fuel economy car
7. Pros and Cons of Nissan Pathfinder 2005
- Has good performance.
- For its age, the vehicle is quite equipped with great features.
- Great comfort for driver in the cabin.
- Great interior design with little cluster.
- Has a great exterior design.
- Has great space for passengers.
- A very good car for large family.
- Not much safety features (though this is because of the year it was produced as recent upgraded models have better ones)
- Though Nissan claims this car has fuel economy, it still doesn’t really economize fuel.
>>> Pros and cons of buying an SUV
8. Verdict: Should I buy this car?