After much “hype” and teasers, the 2021 Lexus IS has finally debuted with stunning new looks and more tech but the same horsepower as the previous model. The new luxury car is going to give the likes of Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and BMW 3 series a run for their money. Yes, that’s due to the fact that the new Lexus IS comes with advanced tech features, revised suspension, sporty new look, and a lot more.
2021 Lexus IS brings a sporty new look, more advanced tech but same power as the previous model
2021 Lexus IS – What’s new?
The first noticeable change includes a sharp facelift as the new sedan now wears a revised 3D version of the Lexus signature spindle grille. This new model also comes with larger and lower headlights that now offer a more “traditional” setup compared to the split headlight featured in the previous model. Lexus also offers a triple-beam LED headlight option in this new model as well. The 2021 Lexus IS features an overall sportier look with new wheels as the F Sport trim rocks 19-inch BBS optional wheels while the lower trims come with 18-inch wheels by the standard.
Moving on to the inside, below is a highlight of notable features in the new 2021 Lexus IS;
- Refreshed cabin
- 8.0-inch touchscreen display (standard) and a 10.3-inch touch display option
- Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay compatibility
- New Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 (includes standard safety equipment like a pre-collision warning system, automatic emergency braking, bicyclist and pedestrian detection)
- Advanced equipment like lane centering tech, lane-departure alert, road-sign assist, stop-and-go functionality, as well as adaptive cruise control
The interior of the new 2021 Lexus IS comes with improved technology and more advanced safety features
2021 Lexus IS – What’s not new?
Well, just like we earlier mentioned above, all the engine options that come with the new 2021 Lexus IS model are exactly the same as that of the previous version. The options include;
- Base model (IS 300 RWD) – 2.0-liter 4-Cylinder turbocharged engine that outputs 241hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
- Higher trim (IS 300 AWD) – 3.5-liter V-6 engine that outputs 260 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque
- Highest trim – (IS 350 both RWD & AWD) – 3.5-liter V-6 engine that outputs 311 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque
In case you missed it, check out the full presentation of the 2021 Lexus IS in the video below;
2021 Lexus IS – Full Presentation – Ready to fight the BMW 3 Series?
And while you are here, we also recommend you read up 7 mind-blowing facts about Lexus that only a few people know about.