The Nissan Pathfinder is definitely one of the first vehicles listed for sale here on Naijauto.com at the beginning. It is definitely not one of the freshest or newest 3-row crossover vehicles in a town neither does it claim to offer the best technology in its class but there are quite some things that still make the 2019 Nissan Pathfinder a choice to consider.
Just like a walrus, you might say; this new Pathfinder is sort of really long at its tooth; the 2013 model was the last one to get a complete redesign even though it got a nice refresh for the 2017 model-year. But that has still not been enough to really keep up with the highly competitive changes in its segment/class as well as in the automobile industry generally.
The Nissan Pathfinder directly competes with other rival utility vehicles such as the Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, and Honda Pilot not to even mention the all-new Subaru Ascent as well as the Hyundai Palisade too. To even intensify the pressure further, Ford’s totally reinvented Ford Explorer 2020 model is already set to hit the market soon will even make the competition harder for the newly released Nissan Pathfinder.
1. Nissan Pathfinder 2019: The Rock Creek Edition
In order to keep things a bit interesting, the Japanese automaker, Nissan has decided to introduce a new and special edition of the Pathfinder for this 2019 model-year. They call it the “Rock Creek Edition” and it debuted just recently at the Auto Show in Chicago, US. This edition is actually named after a popular park that is in Tennessee, a state where the Nissan North America’s headquarter is.
Check out the ageing but still beautiful Nissan Pathfinder family crossover 2019 model
The Rock Creek edition is one such package that brings a totally fresh look together with very useful amenities to this ageing product. Any Pathfinder that gets equipped with this options group will have the following;
- A spoke pattern that is inspired by rims of the Nissan Titan pickup truck
- All-season tires wrapped with dark-finished 18-inch wheels
- Fender trim
- Side view mirror housings
- Door handles
- Roof rails
- Black-coloured grille inserts
This Rock Creek Edition also gets seating surfaces of 2-tone, together with contrast stitching on the steering wheel, centre console lid, door panels, and as well on the seats too. There is also unique badging featured both outside and inside.
For an added appeal, this special package can be added on even the midrange SL and SV variants of the new Nissan Pathfinder with either the all-wheel-drive or Front-wheel-drive. It is also available in 7 exterior colours which include a Midnight Pine Metallic.
2. Nissan Pathfinder 2019 – The meat
All of the Nissan Pathfinders 2019 come powered by a 3.5L smooth-running gasoline-burning V6 engine which is VQ35DD, a member of the Nissan’s VQ engine family. This powertrain features a direct fuel injection that helps it to deliver a 284hp class-competitive power with 259 lb-ft of torque. To a great extent, these numbers favourably compare to the same which you will get in a Honda Pilot, Subaru Ascent, Chevrolet Traverse or Volkswagen Atlas.
All of the 2019 Nissan Pathfinder variants feature a 3.5L gasoline-burning V6 engine (VQ35DD)
>>> If you can't afford a brand new, check out Nissan Pathfinder 2005 (Lorry) review & prices
3. Nissan Pathfinder 2019 – The interior
When it comes to the Rock Creek Edition of the new Pathfinder is very well thought out and spacious. It has plenty of room for the front passenger and driver, and its slidable 2nd-row seats are commodious and comfortable.
A view of the interior dashboard section of the 2019 Nissan Pathfinder
The 2019 Pathfinder’s second-row seats ingeniously tip and slide allowing the lower cushions to pop up while the backrests also angle forward to create a sort of wide pathway for accessing the 3rd-row bench. Even grownups can fit well in the further back as long as the 2nd-row seats are very much slid a bit forward although, they would not feel too comfortable for very long sitting there. It’s a really nice space that is best reserved for smaller children.
The seats of the 2019 Nissan Pathfinder are typically adjustable and also foldable to create more cargo space
4. Nissan Pathfinder 2019 – The Vices
This new 2019 Pathfinder is comfortable and spacious, it shouldn’t have any trouble suiting family use, but it still does have its downsides that become really apparent especially when one takes a closer look.
- Its roomy interior isn’t really rich. Its faux carbon fibre trim is really not going to trick anyone because the vehicle’s interior just has too much hard plastic going on.
- Nissan’s technology in this model is a bit lacking too. Its featured infotainment system really just feels like a generation behind what its competitor offers. And, this model just lacks some of the latest driver-assistance technology features like in its rivals.
- The outstanding Nissan’s ProPILOT Assist adaptive cruise-control system that has lane centring is actually not offered for any price at all which is a glaring sort of omission in this model. Probably because the model is old and will require some heavy engineering to fit much in it.
>>> The X-Trail is also a worth-considering model from this carmaker: Latest updates of Nissan X-Trail and Nissan Qashqai prices in Nigeria (Update in 2019)
5. Nissan Pathfinder 2019 – Prices in Nigeria
The base prices for the variants of the new Pathfinder are listed below;
- Entry-level front-wheel-drive S variant – less than ₦11.8 million ($33,000)
- The 4wheel-drive SV Rock Creek Edition - ₦14 million ($38,980)
Both of the above prices also include a ₦376,200 ($1,045) delivery fees.
2019 Nissan Pathfinder - Review & Road Test
The 2019 Nissan Pathfinder just has an “honesty” type of feel. It does not even try at all to impress with some over-the-top kind of styling or funny oddball features that would look very great on paper but never really provide much real-life benefit at all. This new Pathfinder just focuses directly on the very basic things such as cargo-hauling versatility, interior space and comfort.
>>> To see more up-to-date Automobile News update and latest Car Reviews like this, navigate to our car news, auto-launch, and automotive industry updates.