The Lagos State government under the leadership of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has carried out repairs on several roads across the state in order to eradicate the heavy traffic the Center of Excellence is infamous for.
The Governor personally inspects road projects in the state
Sanwo-Olu noted that potholes contribute to the traffic gridlock as drivers try to dodge them – leading to obstruction of free vehicle movements. In some cases, motorists are forced to slow down while driving through potholes in order not to damage their vehicles. In addition to these, bad roads also pose a threat to human lives as accidents could occur in the process of cars swerving.
The new roads will ease traffic in the area
>>> Sanwo-Olu declared a state of emergency on Lagos roads upon his resumption into office! Gov. Sanwo-Olu declares State of Emergency on Lagos roads, orders immediate rehabilitation
The state government released a list of all roads that had been worked on as of February 11, 2020. The list includes:
- Bariga road in Shomolu local government
- Alubarika street, Bariga in Shomolu LG
- Oba Omolaja street in Ikorodu LG
- Aladelola street Ikosi in Kosofe LG
- Ikotun-Ijegun road in Alimosho LG
- Egbeda-Idimu-Ikotun road in Alimosho LG
- Abisogun Leigh road in Ikeja LG
- Alhaji Masha road in Surulere LG
- Adesegyn street off Olayiwola Charity in Ifako Ijaye
- Akanni Doherty
- Oniwaya street
- Tapa street
- Oshodi street
- Oyetubo street
The better the roads, the faster the vehicle movements.
With this development, Lagosians can move around with fewer troubles as it goes a long way in tackling the city’s dreadful traffic congestion.
>>> Check out latest auto news on Naijauto.com for more updates!