Most BMW models have been compared with other cars. However, our focus today is to compare some of the best products of the BMW; in particular, the Rolls-Royce and Bentley models. These two different brands have been highly recognized, as stars in different fields of endeavors have them or have aspired to get them due to their unquantifiable luxury and style. However, which of these brands rocks the most luxurious line? The criteria that will be used to judge these cars would be the heritage, their designs, road presence, their value, quality and finally, the technology applied into making them. Here we go.
1. Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe
This BMW owned car is the latest addition by the Rolls-Royce to the fleet of previously made ones. Here are some of its specs that are noteworthy:
- A V12 6.8 liter engine that is capable of producing 453 horsepower.
- 531 lb-ft of torque an equivalent of 75% that is available at 1000 rpm.
- Rear hinged doors which make it easier, and creates easy access to the backseats.
The price of this sweet Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe is around $400,000 that is 144 million naira.
The Phantom Coupe comes equipped with a V12 engine (Photo: Autogespot)
2. Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
This car seems competitive to the Bentley Azure and the Continental GTC. Some of the specs of this car are:
- A 6.8 liter 48-valve V12 engine that is capable of producing 453 horsepower.
- 531 lb-ft of torque that makes it run from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds.
This car possesses all the qualities of a luxurious vehicle.
The Drophead Coupe looks more dynamic than the orinal Phantom coupe
3. Rolls-Royce Ghost
This car also is also referred to as the EX200; it is the latest product of Rolls-Royce. It shares some similarities with the Phantom and Drophead Coupe, but differs in the wheelbase. This car has been generously made to be modern and its design is attractive. Some of its notable specs are:
- Twin-turbo V126.6 liter engine accompanied by an eight-speed automatic transmission gearbox.
- 563 horsepower and 570lb ft torque.
The base price for this luxurious car is $310,000, equal to ₦112.4 million.
The Black Badge model of Rolls-Royce Ghost lineup is well received by generous car buyers
4. Rolls-Royce Phantom Black Edition
Around July in 2006, Rolls-Royce produced 25 cars which were named Phantom Black. The reason it was called that was because of the special metallic diamond paint used to lavish its body. It was also assisted by two silver coach lines. Some specs underneath the bonnet are:
- 6.75 liter V12 engine.
- Decorated with black manifolds.
- Top covers that are plated in chrome.
- Black Rolls-Royce badges.
- 453 horsepower.
- It can go from 0-60 mph in as less as 5.7 seconds.
- Its limited highest speed is 149 mph.
This car has its base price as $310,000 equivalent to 111.6 million.
Some notable artistes who own products of Rolls-Royce are: J.Martins, D’banj, Burna Boy and many others.
>>> You can't miss this: Rolls-Royce prices in Nigeria & Naija celebs that are owning them
Black is the signature colour of Rolls-Royce
5. Bentley Continental GT Speed
The Bentley Continental GT was made in 2003 to replace Rolls-Royce’s Continental R and T. However, years later, it produced a better version of the former which is more powerful. Some of its specs are:
- It has Volkswagen’s 6.0 liter coupled with a W12 twin-turbo engine that gives an output of 602 horsepower.
- 553 lb-ft of torque.
- Top speed of 325 km per hour approximately 201.9 mph and 0-60 mph time in 4.3 seconds.
- AWD drivetrain.
The base price for this car is $182,000 equivalent to N65.5 million.
Bentley models are generally cheaper than Rolls-Royce
6. Bentley Continental Flying Spur
This car was introduced in 2006 for the model year. Since Volkswagen took over Bentley, this car has basic similarities with Volkswagen’s Phaeton mechanically and underpinnings. In 2009, however there was a slight facelift for this car. The Spur shares similar engines with the GT Speed and the same outputs. In other words, its specs are:
- It gives an output of 602 horsepower.
- 553 lb-ft of torque at 1,750 rpm.
The base price for this car is $177,000 equivalent to N63.7 million.
The Continental Flying Spur is a blend of charm and performance
7. Bentley Azure T
Bentley Azure was first introduced in 1995 by Bentley and was a four-seater car. This Bentley Azure T is a higher version of the former. Some of the specs are:
- Twin turbocharged V8 6.8 liter engine producing 500 horsepower and 740 lb-ft torque.
- It can go up to 0-60 miles per hour, 0-100 km per hour at 5.5 seconds and 0-160 km per hour in 12.0 seconds.
- It has a top speed of 288 kilometers per hour.
- ZF 6-speed automatic transmission.
The base price for this car is $370,000 equivalent to 133.2 million.
Should we put the Azure T in direct comparison with the Phantom Drophead Coupe?
8. Bentley Mulsanne
When this car was introduced back in 2009, it was displayed as a sedan, having ultra-luxury that replaces the Arnage model which had existed before. It is a strong competition for Phantom which is one of the products of Rolls-Royce. Some of the specs of this car are:
- 6.75-liter V8 engine accompanied by displacement technologies that are very helpful to reduce the amount of fuel the car consumes and CO2 emissions.
- It is capable of producing 505 horsepower.
- 752 torque feet at just 1800 rpm.
- It is a rear-wheel drive.
- ZF 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Paddle shifters molded to fit the steering wheel.
Bentley Mulsanne is a formidable rival of Rolls-Royce Phantom
Well, by the evaluation of the information gathered from car critics and users, most of them preferred the Rolls-Royce. However, the choice is yours to make. Which do you prefer? Is it the Bentley or the Rolls-Royce?