Nigerian musicians have always been known all over the world as a force that often defines and largely reshapes the “face” of African music generally. In recent times, a new generation of Nigerian musicians is beginning to spring up with a fresh vibe which they call “Afro-fusion”. And as you might have guessed, one of such talented Nigerian Artiste that is currently leading this new Afro-Fusion vibe movement is no other than Odunsi (The Engine). Yes, this is the reason why we are putting out this article to reveal some information about Odunsi (The Engine) biography, net worth, cars and career highlights.
Odunsi (The Engine) is undoubtedly a leading voice in the new Afro-Fusion music era
1. Odunsi (The Engine) biography
Some 25 years ago, Bowofoluwa Oluwafisayo Odunsi was born in Lagos State to the family of Mr and Mrs Odunsi on the 7th of June 1996. Oluwafisayo Odunsi who is popularly known today as Odunsi (The Engine) or “Mr Engine” spent all of his childhood days in Lagos state and that explains why his music today has deep Nigerian roots.
According to media sources, Odunsi (The Engine) probably began understanding Performing arts at a young age because he first attended one Dance Hall High School located in Ikeja, the capital of Lagos state. Unfortunately, Odunsi didn’t stay for too long before he moved to Hallefield College in Maryland where he finished his secondary school education and obtained his WASSCE certificate. A quick fast forward to 2015, many reports claim that Odunsi (The Engine) actually withdrew from a Ghanaian University just to focus on his music career and that was when he began “cooking” some hot music from a studio in Accra, Ghana. When he finally broke into the Nigerian music space, no one could deny the fact that he had been "cooking" lots of good stuff all those years when he was in the dark.
Believe it or not, Odunsi (The Engine) reportedly dropped out of a certain Ghanaian University just to pursue music
>>> Read also: Niniola songs, biography, cars and houses
2. Odunsi (The Engine) net worth
While many upcoming Nigerian musicians usually lament low record sales and overall income, Odunsi (The Engine) seems to be having a totally different story as several sources claim that he is currently worth over ₦123.3million ($300,000). You read that right; the talented musician is already balling millions of naira according to 2021 data and if he keeps this pace, he might eventually hit millions in dollars within a short period of time. Yes, this assumption is based on the fact that Nigerian music lovers don't mind paying more to hear good music like that of Odunsi (The Engine).
3. Odunsi (The Engine) cars and houses
As much as we would have loved to tell you about the cars and houses that Odunsi (The Engine) has splashed millions on, we currently do not have such data. Nonetheless, we have listed below some of the popular expensive cars that he can easily afford with his current net worth. Check out the enticing list:
- Audi R8 - ₦23.4 million
- Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon - ₦21 million
- Porsche Panamera Turbo - ₦22.8 million
- Porsche 718 Cayman - ₦22 million
- BMW X6 - ₦25 million
- Lexus LX570 - ₦30 million
- Lexus GX460 - ₦20 million
- Toyota Prado - ₦18 million
- Jeep Wrangler - ₦12.6 million
- Toyota Land Cruiser - ₦30 million
Despite being a new kid on the block, Odunsi (The Engine) is currently making good money from his music career
>>> Read later: 10 Nigerian musicians with the most expensive cars
4. Odunsi (The Engine) career highlights
The moment you have probably been waiting for, isn’t it? Firstly, no one can deny the fact that Odunsi (The Engine) is indeed a prolific songwriter, singer and record producer. Oh yes, despite being a new "guy" on the block, he has successfully released as many as 30 tracks that are doing well locally and internationally. A quick overview of notable milestones in his career includes the following:
- The year 2015 was the first time Odunsi (The Engine) got a leap in his music career as he was opportune to produce music for the likes of "Dami Oniru", "King Zamir", "Adomaa", "Blackmagic", "Boogey" and many others.
- In 2016, Mr Engine got recognized by MOBO awards as one of the top fast-rising African music Artiste
- In 2018, Odunsi (The Engine) won the heart of many Nigerians after he was featured on the two debut albums of popular rapper M.I Abaga.
- In 2018, Odunsi (The Engine) released a hit single titled “Divine” in which he featured popular music star, Davido
- Odunsi (The Engine) was nominated for the “Most Promising” title in the 2017 Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- In the 2018 Soundcity MVP awards, Odunsi (The Engine) was nominated for “Best New Artist”
- As of the time of writing this report, Odunsi (The Engine) has released over 30 songs and he said to be having a lot more in the making.
Odunsi (The Engine) is undoubtedly one of the top performers in the Nigerian Contemporary music space today
5. Odunsi (The Engine) charitable activities
Just like other upcoming music Artiste, Odunsi (The Engine) also keeps a very low profile about most of his achievements and good deeds. This is one reason why it is currently very difficult to tell if he has been contributing to charity organizations or not. Nonetheless, he is known to be a talented young man with a very charming personality and a good heart.
His Calmness and Wit seems to be a clear giveaway that he would be very much interested in charitable activities when he gets the chance. Watch this video below to see Odunsi (The Engine) talks about himself and his career during a media interview.
Arise interview with Odunsi
>>> Have you seen: Bella Shmurda songs, net worth, cars, and biography
All of the information we have provided above in this article are all there is to know about Odunsi (The Engine) biography, net worth, cars and career highlights. Meanwhile, if we do get any fresh updates about him in the future, we will surely publish info in a new article.