Mompha’s post on Instagram announcing his acquisition of a ₦180 million Bespoke 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII
Mompha has been one of the very few Nigerian celebrities that amaze us at Naijauto with their undiluted taste for only the most expensive luxury cars in the world.
For the sake of those who don’t know; Mompha is a popular Nigerian Instagram sensation and businessman whose real name is Ismail Mustapha. He is the CEO of the acclaimed “Mompha Bureau De Change”. He is mostly known for flaunting exotic and expensive items he owns in his social media posts and also giving out money or gifts to random people sometimes.
Meet Ismail Mustapha a.k.a “Mompha” – popular Nigerian Instagram sensation and businessman
Just a week ago, Mompha stunned his followers on Instagram with a picture of a Bespoke 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII that he just acquired. He claimed to be the first African indigene to ever own this Rolls-Royce model and went on to reveal that it cost him about ₦180million. See the Instagram post where he made the announcement below;
So, what makes this Bespoke 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII so special and expensive? Here are 10 things to know about Mompha’s Bespoke 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII:
1. It was just unveiled on the 24th of May 2019.
2. The spectacular unveiling ceremony of the 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII was held at “Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este” in Italy (right on the beautiful shores of Lake Como).
3. The Wraith Eagle VIII was created by Bespoke Collective at the house of Rolls-Royce.
4. Only 50 units of the 2020 RR Wraith Eagle VIII will be made and for just selected collectors alone.
5. All of the Wraith Eagle VIII collection cars were specially produced for the 100th anniversary and honor of the first non-stop transatlantic flight in the world. A flight embarked upon by Lieutenant Arthur Brown and Captain John Alcock from Canada straight to Ireland in 1919 via a “Vickers Vimy” Biplane that is powered by a Rolls-Royce engine.
A closer look at the 2020 Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII might leave you in a complete state of awe
>>> See this other special Rolls-Royce car owned by another Nigerian creme de la creme: Anyone remember the spinning Rolls-Royce of Okwudili Umenyiora? See his cars here!
6. The Wraith Eagle VIII is named after the 350bhp (260kW) Rolls-Royce Eagle VIII aircraft engine that powered the “Vickers Vimy” Biplane in 1919.
7. The analog clock featured inside Mompa’s new Wraith Eagle VIII is similar to that of the “Vickers Vimy” Biplane used for the transatlantic flight in 100 years ago.
8. Mompha’s new Rolls-Royce comes standard with the starlight headliner feature that even includes embroidered clouds.
9. The door “Paniers” of Mompha’s new Rolls is adorned with a brass plaque that has the following Winston Churchill’s quote;
“I do not know what we should most admire – their audacity, determination, skill, science, their aeroplane, their Rolls-Royce engines – or their good fortune”
10. The interior of Mompha’s 2020 Rolls-Royce car is finished with Black and Selby Grey leather as well as a brass highlighted accent.