Tuesday 24th of December 2019 (Xmas Eve) was not a happy one for owners of two filling stations that got sealed off by DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources) in Kano state. Both filling stations were alleged to have been short-changing their numerous customers even at this Yuletide period.
DPR seals off two Kogi filling stations for short-changing customers even amidst Yuletide period
DPR also closed one gas station for allegedly running operations without a government-approved license.
Mr. Amos Jokodola, the DPR Operations Controller for Kogi state told reporters that he led the team that sealed off the filling stations; Always and Emmalis in Lokoja because they were treating customers wrongly.
He also warned other petroleum product dealers in Kogi state to desist from all sort of dubious acts. In his statement, he said;
“We are preparing for Christmas and New Year. We will monitor the distribution and the selling of petrol, kerosene and gas to customers during and after the Yelutide season.”
>>> DPR has had a busy year:
- DPR seals NNPC filling station in Uyo for flouting safety rules
- DPR seals a MRS filling station in Ilorin for using damaged fuel pumps
- 5 more filling stations in Cross River fleece public, sealed by DPR
- 57 Kaduna petrol stations & gas plants sealed for hoarding and deflection of petroleum products
- DPR investigation result in Cross River: 30 petrol stations sealed, 3 suspects arrested
- Another 13 petrol stations sealed in Sokoto and Kebbi