Henley & Partners is the most credited Global citizenship and residence advisory firm in the world. Most recently, the firm released a report of the most powerful passports on earth (Henley Passport Index power ranking) which features Japan sitting on top of the list allowing its citizens to get visa-free access to 190 countries in the world after Myanmar agreed on visa-free entry for Japanese residents.
The Japanese passport becomes the most powerful passport in the world
With this, Japan has been officially pushed Singapore down to the second spot with one visa-free destination. Germany keeps its third position with 188 destinations. This spot is also shared by two other countries that are South Korea and France.
On the other hand, the most estranged passports are from Iraq and Afghanistan. Citizens from those countries are allowed visa-free to only 30 countries.
So now, speaking of Japan, we don’t necessarily have to mention it as the native land of the biggest automotive brand Toyota but there was an alternative name to remind of it as well: the country with the most powerful passport!
Japanese residents now get visa-free access to 190 countries
Check out the top 10 most welcome passports issued by Henley Passport Index power ranking:
- Japan: 190
- Singapore: 189
- Germany, France, South Korea: 188
- Denmark, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Spain: 187
- Norway, United Kingdom, Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, United States: 186
- Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada: 185
- Australia, Greece, Malta: 183
- New Zealand, Czech Republic: 182
- Iceland: 181
- Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia: 180
Video: Japan has the world's 'strongest' passport, according to this index
>>> If you are a pro-Japanese, you may also like to read:
- Check out 5 reasons which make Toyota your first priority
- 7 mind-blowing facts about Lexus
- Japan to provide N325m Mobile Mosque to Muslim fans for praying during 2020 Tokyo Olympics
>>> Stay tuned with Naijauto.com for latest updates on the car industry!