The government of Ondo state under the administration of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu declared a (7.00-p.m to 7.00-a.m) curfew that took effect from the 14th of April 2020, after the third COVID-19 case was confirmed in the state. But, reports from the FRSC claims that a number of motorists have been violating this curfew by operating beyond the designated time.
This is why the Federal Road Safety Corps has issued out a new warning reiterating the impoundment of vehicles belonging to any violator.
Ondo FRSC says vehicles of COVID-19 curfew violators will be impounded
While speaking with NaN (News Agency of Nigeria) on Thursday, April 23, the Ore Unit Commander of FRSC in Ondo state – Mr Olusegun Aladenika said that the state government will soon institute mobile courts that will be used in prosecuting violators of the Curfew directive. He stated that men of the FRSC have been enforcing the curfew since last week and the majority of motorists in Ondo state have been very cooperative.
However, there are few who still fail to comply with this directive despite the threats which the COVID-19 virus poses if an outbreak ever occurs in the state.
Mr Aladenika used the press medium to plead with private car owners and commercial car drivers particularly to heed to this new warning and avoid being arrested or their cars being impounded by the FRSC. He also stressed that the curfew was not meant to bring suffering to anyone but instead to curb the spread of the deadly virus in the state before it gets out of hand.
Still on the fight against COVID-19 in Ondo state; more than 40 vehicles were recently stopped from entering the state. See the video below that covers this report;
COVID-19: More than 40 cars blocked from entering Ondo state
Did you know that before this COVID-19 curfew, the Ondo state governor commissioned a newly completed Fly-Over Bridge in Ore? It’s a pity that motorists will have to wait till after the COVID-19 crisis ends before they can enjoy this new bridge.
#Stay Home #Stay Safe