Fresh reports have it that the DSA (Driving School Associations) in Nigeria has recently adopted new resolutions with the FRSC to promote quality drivers’ training across the nation.
This initiative is said to be part of the mandate of FRSC to ensure safety on Nigerian roads especially by producing quality drivers from the various training schools in the country.
Driving School Association of Nigeria and the FRSC are now working towards streamlining drivers’ training process
According to press reports, Dr. Boboye Oyeyemi – the Corp Marshal of FRSC alongside some representatives of the DSA held a meeting recently in Abuja where the new resolutions were reached. Mr. Bisi Kazeeem, the Public Education Officer of the FRSC listed that the associations present at the meeting as follows;
- DSAN – Driving School Association of Nigeria.
- ADIN – Association of Driving Instructors of Nigeria.
- NDSPA – Nigeria Driving School Proprietors Association.
During the meeting, the above-listed associations were encouraged to unify in forming a common “front” that targets the development of more quality drivers’ training to ensure safety on Nigeria roads. The press reports also stated some of the “key points” contained in this new agreement to include;
- Provision of adequate machinery for proper training of tricycle and motorcycle riders.
- Re-Categorization of driving schools based on training capacity for a different class of drivers’ license (including the Class “A” drivers’ license).
- Frequent review of criteria and standards for operating driving schools by Deputy Corps Marshal for Training alongside 2 representatives from DSAN, ADIN, and NDSPA.
Want to know some hidden tips that are not usually taught in driving schools? Watch this video below;
4 Things They Forgot to Tell You in Driving School