Naijauto is happy to tell Lagosians that very soon Lagos state will start the use of its new BRT buses to ply the Lagos route. The new BRT buses totaling 820 in number was just received by the Lagos State Government for Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA). The buses which have been planned for circulation by March this year started as a Lagos State project about a year ago.
The new BRT high capacity buses among the 820 buses to ease transportation challenges!
A project which has been ongoing under the leadership of the governor of Lagos state Akinwunmi Ambode will solve the transportation challenges of the people of Lagos. According to the plans set out the 820 buses are expected to be of medium capacity and the high capacity. According to Mr. Ambode, “It is a bus reform initiative that will be an integrated transportation system”.
Mr. Ambode takes a ride in the new BRT buses that promises good comfort for passengers!
The 820 buses received is supposed to kick start the first phase of the integrated transportation system along the Ikeja transport hub. Residents of Lagos who will enjoy the first phase of this transportation integration which is expected to eventually deliver 5,000 buses into the system include Oshodi, Ojota, Abule-Egba, Ikeja, pen-Cinema and Maryland all of which are within the Ikeja transport hub.
There are also small capacity buses among the just delivered BRT buses for Lagos state!
But there are other little known facts about this first batch of BRT Buses that you might not have guessed. These facts include features like
- CCTV cameras as security features are installed in all the new BRT buses
- USB points are scattered at every corner for ease of charging your devices while in transit on the new BRT buses.
- Free Wi-Fi, yes you read it right. All passengers have free Wi-Fi available for users to navigate the internet while onboard the new BRT buses.
- Improved modern transportation facility on board for pregnant women, physically challenged individuals and the elderly.
- Entertainment systems have been installed on the new buses including sound system and TV for showing sports music, news update, and entertaining programs.
So if you'll like to feel and enjoy the new Lagos, Naijauto advice that the new BRT buses will be a good place to start.
>>> Living in Lagos? You must read these as well:
- Reasons why Lagos traffic is chaotic when it rains
- 5 easy ways of saving money on transportation in Nigeria
- Governor Akinwunmi Ambode transportation projects: A legacy to be remembered