After many selections and rigorous evaluation, the Toyota Corolla model has once again won the award for “Car of the Year” in Nigeria. Read more here!
Just a few days ago, Naijauto reported that Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Tucson & GAC GS4 battles for Nigeria's Car of the Year 2019 and now we have got the result.
The Nigerian Auto Journalists Association (NAJA) has recently crowned the popular Toyota Corolla as the COTY (Car of The Year) during a yearly award event which took place at Eko Hotels in V.I, Lagos.
The Toyota Corolla is officially Nigeria’s Car of the Year 2019
The Toyota Corolla impressively beats GAC GS4 and Hyundai Tucson to win this highly coveted COTY award.
Some notable winners and categories of awards given out during this recent 2019 award event include;
- Luxury SUV of the Year – Range Rover Autobiography
- Luxury Car of the Year – Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Pick-Up of the Year – Mitsubishi L200
- Mini Bus of the Year – Toyota HiAce
- New Auto Lubricant of the Year – Motul
- Motor Sports of the Year – Ondo Motor Rally
- Most Improved brand of the year – JAC
- Highest selling brand of the Year – Hyundai
- Auto Workshop of the year – Mandilas
- Fastest growing Auto Brand of the Year – Changan
- Executive Car of the year – Honda Accord
- Most Innovative CEO of the Year – Thomas Pelletier (CEO of CFAO Motors)
Toyota Nigeria Limited officials receiving Car of the Year award won by the Toyota Corolla
Several other staffs and representatives of major stakeholders in the Nigerian automotive industry were present to receive the respective awards won by their brands and products. Some of these influential people seen at the award event include;
- Mr. Mike Ochonma – Chairman of NAJA
- Mr. Kunle Ade-Ojo – M.D of Toyota Nigeria Limited
- Mrs. Bukky Ogunnusi – Advert and PR Manager of TNL
- Mr. Abiona Babarinde – GM, Marketing and Corporate Communications of Coscharis Group
- Thomas Pelletier – M.D & CEO of CFAO Motors
Representatives of major stakeholders in the Nigerian auto industry were presented awards by NAJA
>>> Always check back at Naijauto for the latest -> automotive industry updates.