A black market petrol seller has reportedly been burnt to death following a fuel explosion that happened in her Igbogor home, in Ovia South-West LGA Edo State.
There were conflicting reports gathered by Naijauto over the cause of the explosion which razed the woman's wooden home down. However, an eye witness narrated that the 20-year-old petrol seller was inside the kitchen with her husband identified as Amend Agada when the fire erupted.
The husband was able to escape being burnt by jumping out of their house.
The husband was lucky enough to have escaped being burnt by jumping out of the house
According to the account of a neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous:
She kept fuel in her kitchen and was selling to a customer when it attracted fire from a nearby stove in the kitchen,
Her body was later removed from the rubbles after the fire had been put out. She was burnt beyond recognition.
>>> A fire extinguisher is useful to have in a fire, but learn to use it the right way! Fire extinguisher might be actually the culprit of car fire!
Black market petrol selling is prevalent across Nigerian states
When the Edo State Police Command was contacted over the incident, their spokesman, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor disclosed that the command hasn't been notified of the fire incident.
Any type of spark, fire or flame is capable of setting off an explosion when at close range with fuel. It’s a risky business engaging in the sale of black-market petrol.
>>> Check out our news section for other car news updates for the week!