While the world is busy talking about electric vehicles and self-driving cars, a certain European company has been focused on creating a special type of flying car that can also double as a sports car on the road. Yes, the best part is that the company has now completed test flights of this amazing innovation which is called the “AirCar”.
Meet the AirCar - a beautiful sports car on the road that can also be transformed into a private aeroplane when needed
This “AirCar” flying car is an ingenious concept made by a European company called, KleinVision. It functions as a 2-seater sports car on the road but can also transform into an aeroplane in a matter of minutes when the driver needs to fly. According to press reports, this amazing flying car completed a successful test flight recently in Slovakia. Unbelievable, isn’t it?
Below is a short video showing the operation and test flight of the AirCar.
KleinVision Flying Car takes maiden flight (Official Video)
>>> Recommended: Flying cars: everything you ever wondered about
Interesting features of the AirCar
For those who are curious to know the technical details and features of this new flying car, we have listed them for you below:
- It is designed to help beat “annoying” traffic gridlocks usually experienced in busy cities around the world like Abuja, Lagos, New York etc.
- With the push of a button, it can transform into a flying car from a sports car in just 3 minutes
- It can fly as high as 1,500ft from ground level
- It will be offered as both 2-seater and 4-seater models
- The 2-seater model weighs 1,100-kg and possess the capability of transporting a 200kg cargo per flight
- It draws power from a 1.6-litre BMW engine that outputs 140hp and delivers 1,000km travel range