Abubakar Sani Bello is considered the richest governor in Nigeria by a distance. He took part in the gubernatorial race back in 2015, where he was elected into office as the executive governor of Niger State. Abubakar Sani Bello family is one the wealthiest in the north. He is the eldest son of Colonel Sani Bello, a billionaire and the former military governor of Kano State. Here on Naijauto, we have decided to dedicate this article to reveal all that you need to know about Abubakar Sani Bello net worth, cars, houses and political career.
Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State
2. Who is Abubakar Sani Bello?
- Abubakar Sani Bello age and background
Fondly known as Lolo, Abubakar Sani Bello was born on the 17th of December 1967 in Niger State, Nigeria. His father, Col. Sani Bello (RTD) was the former military governor of old Kano State. Abubakar attended St. Louis primary school, where he proceeded to Nigerian Military School in 1980. After his graduation in 1985, he went on to study economics at the University of Maiduguri. During his mandatory national youth service year, he was a supervisor in the marketing department of NICOTES Services in Port Harcourt, a company reportedly owned by Atiku Abubakar. In case you are curious about knowing Abubakar Sani Bello tribe; he is a Hausa man and also a devoted Muslim.
Here is a photo of Abubakar's father, the retired Colonel Sani Bello himself
>>> Read this: Top 10 richest men in Africa & their cars (updated 2021)
- Abubakar Sani Bello wife
The governor of Niger State is married to Dr Amina Abubakar Bello, who is the daughter of former military head of state, General Abdulsalami Abubakar. Abubakar wife is a consultant Gynecologist who works with the Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital in Kaduna. The union is blessed with three children: Muhammad, Abdulsalam and Maryam.
His wife, Dr Amina Abubakar is a consultant gynaecologist at Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital in Kaduna
3. Abubakar Sani Bello career highlights
Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello emerged winner of the last gubernatorial election in Niger State, under the umbrella of the All Progressives Congress (APC). He was sworn in as the executive governor of the state, having defeated Senator Musa Ibrahim in the primary election. He retained this position in 2019 after he was re-elected into the office. Ahead of the upcoming election in 2023, Abubakar has endorsed a Reconciliation Committee and other committees at the State Executive Committee meeting, alongside members of the National Assembly led by Party Chieftains. The sole aim of this committee is to reposition and rebuild the party for a better chance at claiming victory in the 2023 election.
Before going into politics, Abubakar has held several key positions at top companies in the country
Before he became the governor of Niger state, he was appointed the commissioner for commerce and investment by Aliyu Abubakar, who was the former governor of Niger State. He held this position for a period of one year (2009-2010). Abubakar has held several top managerial positions at many multi-national companies such as Chairman of Millennium Travel and Tours, Director at Investment Center Limited and Director at Dana Air. He has also served as an important member of the below-listed boards in Nigeria:
- Board of Trustees at the Federal University of Technology, FUT Minna
- Committee on former president resource legacy centre in Niger state
- Sub-committee on facilities and infrastructure for a proposed multi-purpose sports complex in Niger State
Abubakar Sani Bello has been actively involved in the politics of Nigeria for years now. Here is a clip showing a special song specially dedicated to him during the last election campaign:
Song for President Buhari & Gov Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger state
4. Abubakar Sani Bello net worth
Abubakar Sani Bello is considered to be one of the richest governors in Nigeria. Yes, this is due to the fact that research speculates his net worth to be $1 billion (₦412.2 billion). His huge fortune comes from holding several key positions at big establishments and politics as well. Abubakar Sani Bello explored his post-secondary school life at the shipping department of Offshore Pipelines International (OPI). Despite taking a break in 2009, he has left a mark in several industries. He was also the Alternate Director at MTN Nigeria, Board member of Broad Bank, Chairman of Prudent Healthcare Management limited, and Chairman/CEO of Heritage Hospitality Services LTD.
With his speculated net worth, he is arguably the richest governor currently in Nigeria
5. Abubakar Sani Bello cars and houses
Governor Abubakar Sanni Bello is given the power to select any model he wants to use as his official car in office. Apparently, just like many political office holders in Nigeria, he decided to go for the rugged Toyota Land Cruiser SUV. There is no information yet about the kind of cars you will find in his private collection. Hopefully, when he leaves office, we will be able to get access to such information. The Niger State governor is a private man, which makes it a bit challenging to know much about Abubakar Sani Bello estate or any landed property he owns. This is also common with most politicians in Nigeria who would rather keep their private lives off public eyes.
Abubakar is among many Nigerian governors who love using Toyota Land Cruiser as their official car
6. Abubakar Sani Bello latest news
Here are some of the latest news about Governor Abubakar Sani Bello:
- The executive governor of Niger State, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, has recently directed all political appointees in the State interested in contesting for positions in the State APC to tender their resignation with immediate effect. According to the statement, the measure is in accordance and compliance with the APC party constitution.
- Niger State governor, Abubakar Sani-Bello has presented a letter of appointment to the new Emir of Kontagora, Alhaji Mohammed Barau. He reminded the new emir of the difficult tasks ahead as well as carrying people along as he carries out his duties. According to the statement, he was enthroned at the time when the state is experiencing security challenges.
- As the sitting Chairman of North Central States Governors’ Forum, Abubakar Sani Bello has identified negative publicity on the security challenges in the country as a major factor hindering foreign businessmen to invest in the country. According to him, while some of these security challenges have been tackled at the state and federal level, the bad publicity has played a key role in discouraging investors from investing their money directly or indirectly in Nigeria.
>>> More on celebrity story: Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola biography, net worth, cars, houses and political career
7. Abubakar Sani Bello charitable activities
Nothing has been particularly said about Abubakar Sani Bello's foundation or charitable activities, but he has made his mark known through the work of his wife, Dr Amina. Her popular Raise Foundation, with the support from Mainstream Foundation’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects, recently inaugurated a modern and well-equipped women health centre in Kontagora, Niger State.
The health centre inaugurated by the First Lady of Niger State
His father, Colonel Sani Bello is the founder of Sani Bello Foundation, which helps empower young Nigerians to be self-sustainable and also contribute to the nation's wealth. The foundation helps to alleviate poverty among youths through building skills and community service
Abubakar Sani Bello biography shows why he is arguably the richest governor in Nigeria. One might say it was easy for him considering he was the eldest son of a billionaire and former military governor of old Kano State. Well, you might be right to an extent but he has also paid his dues as far as committing himself to corporate and public duties. We do hope you have enjoyed reading this detailed article about Abubakar Sani Bello net worth, cars, houses and political career. You can find more articles about politicians’ net worth and cars in the celebrity cars section of our website.