Sedans and hatchbacks are just the coolest compact cars to ride around, but the competition is quite fierce. Every sedan has it's unique style, trim, specification - the numbers written below will determine which sedan or hatchback has topped the highest-purchased list.
7. Ford Fusion (41,683 units sold)
Although the Ford Fusion has dropped in sales by 3.5%, compared to 2018, the mid-size sedan is still selling at decent rates. Recently, Ford canceled a few passenger-car models but it looks like the Fusion would be around a little longer, as it is still been produced.
>>> Affordable Ford Fusion for sale always available on Naijauto.com!
Compared to 2018, the Ford Fusion has dropped in sales by 3.5%
6. Nissan Altima (51,480 units sold)
So far, in 2019, the Nissan Altima has witnessed a downturn in price by 18.8%. Before now, the mid-size sedan was a direct competitor with the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in the sales race. There’s a new Altima model with improved designs and specifications - it still doesn’t catch up with the Camry and Accord.
>>> Nissan Altima for sale in Nigeria can be accessed here!
Nissan Altima has witnessed a downturn in price by 18.8% in 2019
5. Nissan Sentra (56,793 units sold)
Unlike a few other best-selling Sedans, the Sentra hasn't been a competitive compact car for a while. Generally, Nissan needs to upgrade the Sentra in terms of style, features, and powertrains. Despite the reduction in sales by 5.3%, compared to last year, Nissan is still selling more of the Sentra than any other passenger car in its lineup.
>>> Hundreds of Nissan Sentra for sale in Nigeria are waiting for your visit on Naijauto.com!
The downturn in sales by 5.3% did not completely relegate the Sentra
4. Honda Accord (64,411 units sold)
Last year wasn’t exactly one of the most profitable for the Honda Accord, sales were quite disappointing, given that it was coming off a big, successful redesign. However, 2019 seems to be a much better year, as Accord sales have risen by 4.6% so far.
>>> The reference list for Accord lovers is endless:
- Tips on how to maintain used Honda Accord
- 5 essential things to look for when buying a used Honda Accord
- 5 Honda Accord competitors to consider buying instead
- Honda Accord: Discussion Continues prices in Nigeria (Update in 2019)
So far, Honda Accord sales have risen by 4.6% in 2019
3. Honda Civic (78,185 units sold)
The mid-size Honda Accord used to surpass its compact Civic in terms of sales, but the Civic has been pulling more market weight lately and topping the chart. This change is probably because the Civic offers several body styles and high-performance models. Let’s not forget that Honda doesn't separate sales numbers amongst the different sedan, coupe, hatchback, Si, and Type R versions. Despite the upgrade, Civic sales are still down by 4.8%, as compared to last year.
>>> Editor's suggestion:
- Tips on how to buy used Honda Civic in Nigeria
- Honda Civic for sale in Nigeria
- Honda Civic price in Nigeria - Find out the variant that matches your needs (Update in 2019)
Civic sales are down by 4.8% compared to 2018
2. Toyota Corolla (78,606 units sold)
No doubt, the newest Toyota Corolla deserves all the love it can get with the all-new sophisticated style and improved dynamics. Currently, the redesigned hatchback and sedan models are on sale, and the sales have increased by 1.0% from last year – the figures should be tripled before the end of 2019.
>>> Related posts to Toyota Corolla:
- Toyota Corolla Price in Nigeria (Updated in 2019) - Are they affordable?
- Toyota Corolla 2010 price in Nigeria (2019) – the most searched for price list in the world
- How to achieve optimum fuel efficiency in a Toyota Corolla
- What should I look out for when buying a used Toyota Corolla?
- Best alternatives for the Toyota Corolla in Nigeria
The sales of Toyota Corolla have increased by a meager 1.0% from last year
1. Toyota Camry (81,684 units sold)
Even though its numbers in sales are down by 10.0%, the Toyota Camry still remains the best-selling mid-size sedan. Currently, it ranks as the best-selling passenger car in the United States.
>>> Check out Camry's price & buying guide here:
- Tips for buying used Toyota Camry
- Tips on how to maintain used Toyota Camry
- Best alternatives for the Toyota Camry in Nigeria
- Updated Toyota Camry price in Nigeria (2019)
The numbers in sales are down by 10.0% compared to 2018, it is still remains king!
Let’s see what the rest of the year holds, the numbers will definitely be shaken up before 2020.
>>> More reports this year for your reference: