1. Little-known facts about Toyota Picnic
Toyota Picnic is clearly a popular model for practical people as Nigerians. Toyota Picnic price in Nigeria is even more favored as it fits budget of many with average income.
However, other than its name, what else do you know about this model? Why are so many people easily fall in love with the Picnic? Let’s scroll down for answers.
Toyota Picnic is much favored in Nigerian car market
- Toyota Picnic are also known as Toyota Ipsum, Toyota Sportsvan and Toyota Avensis Verso. The variety of names is to match with different markets it presents.
- This seven-seater MPV was shared as a trio of Toyota Gaia and Toyota Carina, exclusive at certain Toyota dealerships. In particular, Picnic was displayed at Toyota Store, Gaia could only be found in Toyopet Store while Carina was unique at Toyota Corolla Store.
- During nearly 15 years of production, just 2 generations of Picnic was introduced. The first gen employed 3S-FE inline-four petrol and 3C-TE diesel engines with many features inclining towards Toyota Gaia and Nadia. The second was more complete, offering 4 configurations of either petrol or turbodiesel engines. Both manual and automatic transmissions are available.
Picnic is also known as Ipsum, Sportsvan and Avensis Verso
- The very first Toyota Picnic sold was in the form of passenger-type minivans, not off-road vehicles. Four-wheel-drive layout was offered besides FF platform to achieve great usability. Fuel consumption for the the former was 11.6km/L while the latter measured 10.8km/L.
- In 2005, Toyota Picnic was certified “2005 Gas Emission Standards 75% Level Reduction,” gaining much popularity for its eco-friendliness.
2. Toyota Picnic prices in Nigeria
As mentioned earlier, the prices of the Toyota Picnic in Nigeria are really comfortable to look at. With a modest budget, you still can bring the whole family to picnic trips or utilize this car for various business purposes.
Before getting to the pricing, please understand that price tags may differ case by case due to the car condition, production year, currency exchange rate or any type of extra cost related.
Toyota Picnic can be utilized for various purposes
Also, because the production of Toyota Picnic had been discontinued since 2009, you can't find a brand new unit in the market. Please find prices of used Picnic for sale in Nigeria below.
|Foreign used Toyota Picnic price list in Nigeria|
|Model||Price in Nigerian Naira|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 1995 price||N1.9 million – N2.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 1996 price||N1.9 million – N2.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 1997 price||N1.9 million – N2.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 1998 price||N1.5 million – N2.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 1999 price||N1.5 million – N2.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2000 price||N1.7 million – N2.5 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2001 price||N1.7 million – N2.5 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2002 price||N1.8 million – N2.8 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2003 price||N1.8 million – N2.8 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2004 price||N1.8 million – N3.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2005 price||N1.8 million – N3.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2006 price||N1.8 million – N3.1 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2007 price||N1.8 million – N3.5 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2008 price||N1.8 million – N3.5 million|
|Tokunbo Toyota Picnic 2009 price||N1.8 million – N3.5 million|
Toyota Picnic in Top 10 MPVs 2001
>>> You can buy an affordable tokunbo Toyota Picnic from Cotonou if you learn this Cotonou cars buying guide: buying steps & price
|Locally used Toyota Picnic prices in Nigeria|
|Model||Price in Nigerian Naira|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 1998 price||N900,000 – N1.4 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 1999 price||N900,000 – N1.4 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2000 price||N900,000 – N1.5 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2001 price||N900,000 – N1.5 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2002 price||N900,000 – N1.5 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2003 price||N1 million - N1.6 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2004 price||N1 million - N1.6 million|
|Nigerian used Toyota Picnic 2005 price||N1 million - N1.6 million|
>>> Suggested posts:
- Prices of Toyota RAV4 in Nigeria
- Toyota car prices in Nigeria
- Toyota Matrix prices in Nigeria and its 4 recalls
3. Toyota Picnic versus Toyota Wish
Not hard to see why we choose Picnic and Wish to compare, both these Toyota vehicles are formidable MPVs in the automotive industry, especially in the used car markets. Many people can’t make up their minds buying a Tokunbo Picnic or Wish as they are too similar in high performance and functionality. Today, we will put on the scale these two products in certain criteria so that you can see the differences between them.
Toyota Picnic vs Toyota Wish (Photo source: Be Forward)
3.1 Pricing and accessibility
The prices of used Toyota Picnic in Nigeria as seen on the list are from 900,000 to 3.5 million, depending on car type and production year. Prices of Toyota Wish fall into similar range but it’s more difficult to find a Wish for sale in Nigeria. If you determine to look for it, you can find one with a reasonable price but I must say, it takes time.
3.2 Exterior and interior design
Toyota Picnic has distinctive xenon headlights, roof rails and fog lights to assist driver’s visibility. The inside space is divided into 3 rows of seats with roomy area for both driver and passengers. Either electric seats or steering wheel can be adjusted easily.
Inside the spacious Toyota Picnic
As for Toyota Wish, the model was released as a 6-seater at first but several modern versions have come with 7-seat design already. The capsular shape plus 4 vertical headlamps, alloy wheels and the stylish bumper make Toyota Wish a bit more appealing than its Picnic counterpart.
Inside cabin is quality seats made of suede material which is easy to be cleaned. Leather-covered steering wheel and wood-like elements are also highlights embracing Wish’s elegance.
Toyota Wish elegant interior highlights
>>> Related articles:
- Toyota Picnic 2005 Review: Specification, Models, Model Pictures, Price in Nigeria & More
- Toyota Picnic 2010 Review: Price, Interior, Model, Performance, Specs, & More
3.3 Fuel efficiency
Toyota Picnic’s average fuel efficiency is around 11.5 km/L (as front-wheel drive and four-wheel-drive models have the fuel consumption of nearly 11 km/L and 12 km/L in turn).
Also varying due to different automobile layouts, the fuel efficiency of Toyota Wish stays around 13.5 km/L, exceeding that of Toyota Picnic.
It depends, as always. Each model is designed for specific purposes, so you need to consider carefully what is the reason for you to buy these cars? Should you have a big family, Toyota Picnic is highly recommended for its spacious boot. Toyota Picnic prices in Nigeria are also more affordable than Wish. But if you value styling features of your vehicle, then Toyota Wish is obviously a better choice.
Pick an Ipsum if you want more room for your family!
In the meantime, there’re numerous other models out there for you to consider as well. Visit our Car Prices to check for more products!
>>> Also check: Updated Tokunbo car prices in Nigeria (17 most popular brands)