Some people make it sound impossible to upgrade a car and increase its performance. Well, this is not in any way rocket science like they described it. Once you buy the right performance parts that is worth the investment, you can get this upgrade done immediately as you wish. Although, if you have no background knowledge of car parts and auto mechanics operations, you might need to get your local mechanic to help you get these upgrades done.
Below, Naijauto.com presents to you, some of the most feasible upgrades that are tested and proven to provide impressive results as regards increase in performance of a car.
1. Increasing the engine’s working volume
This can be done in two ways:
- By getting a more powerful crankshaft to replace the old one
- By cylinder diameter increase
The result of these will be noticed in the peak torque increase which will be noticeable by a significant amount
2. Increasing the compression ratio
This can also be done in two ways:
- By replacing the plungers together with the convex upper parts with a newly purchased modified one
- By the adoption of milling to get the bottom plate which is at the cylinder block’s head lowered
The result of these will be; better fuel efficiency, and noticeable engine efficiency and power increase.
Top 10 BUDGET Mods To Improve Your Car's Performance
3. Chip tuning: Car software upgrade
There are some control signals that comes from the chip in the car, this tuning method will involve changing these signals to the car’s main components
The result to expect will be:
- Reduced fuel consumption
- 5 to 20% increase in the engine power
- Improvements in the machine control and dynamism
>>> Check this list! 8 SUVs that are perfect for rough terrain (from cheapest to most expensive)
4. Rotating valve or carburetor modification
This technology involves the creation of well-designed chamfers in the rotating valve and the carburetor. And the results of this are:
- 5 to 15% engine power increase
- Fuel consumption economized by 10 to 25%
- Torque increase
- Waste fumes becoming cleaner
- Dynamism increases in the vehicle
- No acceleration dips
5. Overall weight reduction
This is very simple. It majorly involves you removing all the parts of the car that you rarely use. This reduction in weight of the car will greatly improve its acceleration (Speed) and performance altogether.
Love this slogan: low frills, high thrills!
6. Replacing the car tires
You should make sure to replace old, worn-out tires in your car if you want to avoid power steer, insufficient or excessive rotation and abnormal wheel rotation caused by the new power in your vehicle due to upgrade.
To do this, you will be needing:
- New cups
- Sticky tires
- Balland-socket joints (New)
- Stronger dampers (ones with shorter springs)
>>> Recommended for you: Buying new car tyres: How to decipher side markings to buy the exact car tyre?
7. Increasing the aerodynamics
This can be achieved by doing the following:
- Removing unnecessary antennas, patches, etc.
- Lowering the car
- Making the bottom of the vehicle flatter
- Installing highquality, more streamlined spoiler and bumper
- Installing more streamlined mirrors (Rearview)
- Polishing the car itself 😊
There you go. That will be all we have for you in this article. There are lots more but, expect them in our future articles.
If at any point you notice that the vehicle is getting out control after any of the above upgrades, you should take your car to the nearest service center and have it checked immediately. And you can as well just return the car to the mechanic that had helped you make the upgrades initially. DO NOT MANAGE ANY CAR MALFUNCTIONING SITUATION. It's a risk of your life and that of the passangers as well.
All the above Mods and upgrades have been tested and put to practice by various automotive experts from around the world and they have found them to be effective. So, we strongly advise that you make sure that the above tunings are done for you by an expert mechanic and with the best quality performance parts used to avoid errors and malfunction parts.
>>> Meanwhile, don’t forget to check out our other useful car maintenance tips and advice.