Someone once said “Smart people always choose comfort over luxury”, now imagine if you could have both and still afford it. Lexus is a division of Japanese automaker Toyota that deals with luxury vehicles. As can be inferred, Toyota is the parent company, it was born out of a combined project to create a premium sedan which began in 1983, and climaxed with the release of Lexus LS in 1989. If you are the owner of an Lexus car, chances are you need Lexus spare parts from time to time. Read on for where to buy Lexus spare parts in Nigeria, prices and buying advice.
Lexus RX330, a flagship model of Lexus in Nigeria
Common problems with Lexus cars
As awesome as this car is, it has its own problems;
- Majorly users complain about the rate of consumption for fuel this is largely caused by bad oxygen sensor (O2 sensor) this is one of the most significant pieces in the vehicles emission system, its major function is to measure the amount of oxygen in the gas. When this O2 sensor is faulty, the fuel-intake and fuel-combustion will be thrown off, and the amount of fuel injected into the engine will increase, the excess fuel in the engine may produce a “sulphuric” smell or black smoke will the emitted from the exhaust.
- Some other issues that are common with the newer models of the car is that they have a lot of programmable errors like windows going down but cannot go up, despite the availability of experts on this issue many users of aren’t willing to give their cars to this people.
- Another well documented issue with a couple of models is the sensitivity of the car to various automated Transmission Fluids (ATF) this causes the car to drag while accelerating, feeling as though the car is being pushed and also some stiffness with the steering wheel.
Prices of common replaced Lexus spare parts in Nigeria
Some prices of various Lexus spare parts are given bellow with price ranges cutting across most models available within the country.
|SPARE PART||PRICE (₦)|
|Oxygen Sensor (For various models)||15,000 – 20,000 (with warranty)|
|Power Steering Pump (For various models)||40,000 – 80,000 (with warranty)|
|Shock Absorber (For Various Models)||25,000 – 45,000 (with warranty)|
|Fuel Injector (For Various Models)||10,000 – 13,000 (with warranty)|
|Spark plug||1,000 – 1,500|
Rear - 9,000 – 18,000
Front - 12,000 – 25,000
For those interested in programming various models of Lexus, with a budget of about (₦) 10,000 – 15,000 you can get “Garage pro” this would give you comprehensive results and recommend possible solutions to fault codes. A couple of minor issues have been mentioned, it will be only proper to avail places where these problems can be rectified and genuine Lexus spare parts can be acquired at fair and reasonable prices.
Lexus spare parts dealers in Nigeria
|Briscoe Motors||Abuja||B27 Nal Blvd, Central Business District|
|Germaine Auto Centre Limited||Lagos||
4th Roundabout, Lekki - Epe Expy, 105102, Lagos
Phone: 0704 553 3432
Ahmadu Bello Way, P. O. Box 224, Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna
Phone: 0803 360 2434
|Elizade Nigeria Ltd. Toyota||Port-Harcourt||
Plot 114, Trans Amadi Road P/H, TRANS-AMADI, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Phone: 0808 285 8949
|MBH Motors Limited||Kano||
Hadejia Road Yankaba, Kano, Kano Nigeria
Phone: 0706 785 8401
|Deals on Wheels||Abuja||
233 Ahmadu Bello Way [ Katampe Junction], Kado, Abuja
20 IBB Ave, 520241, Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Phone: 0816 210 1220
Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Phone: 01 774 6666
A few tips on identifying legitimate Lexus spare parts in Nigeria
- Original brand parts always have the part number printed on the box if there is no such number on the box or it is attached as a sticker it is probably a counterfeit.
- Another common way to identify counterfeit spare parts is that the printed instruction and package would be misspelled, this are but a few visual features which a user should pay attention to when purchasing spare parts.
But in as much as there are a lot of fake Lexus spare parts in Nigeria, there are also spare parts for this vehicle that are genuine and sound and they can be accessed.
It is an awesome decision to buy a Lexus in Nigeria, as we have seen Lexus spare parts are easily accessible and the genuine ones at that, also the ratings and feedback gotten about this car are incredible. It has a good price for all the features it has and comfort it offers. I don’t have one yet but I probably will, and so should you.