Certain parts of Nigeria is experiencing unexpected weather phenomena, as Benin city, Edo State had a heavy rainfall last weekend that caused serious damages including a submerged car. Therefore, in this article, Naijauto would like to share 5 things to help you prepare for sudden rainfalls and protect your car.
Certain parts of Nigeria is experiencing unexpected weather phenomena, as Benin city had a heavy rainfall last weekend
1. Pay attention to the weather forecast in order to update the latest information on isolated typhoons, low-pressure areas and thunderstorms. As the result, you have enough time to prepare for upcoming natural calamities to minimize damages.
2. In case you are driving in heavy rain and get stuck in flood waters, stop immediately and remove battery terminals to avoid electronic short.
3. Nowadays, most cars have integrated modules and circuitry located under the carpet, alongside the engine bay and front interior. Always keep these places dry as well as free from inundation, you would see the difference.
4. Put a toolbox providing at least series cable, pliers and open wrench in your vehicle. Those tools will be very helpful in times of need.
5. Save a list of important hotline numbers like tow truck or favourite radio station number so that you can call them for help whenever you get trouble.
>>> Related Read: How to spot a flood-damaged tokunbo car?