A vintage Peugeot race car - L45 Grand Prix Two-Seater has been successfully auctioned for more than $7 million (N2.7 Billion) by the Bonham Auction in its recent event in Los Angeles. The car accompanied Ralf Mulford to his third position at the 1916 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. The Indianapolis 500, wider known as Indy 500, is a long-established automobile race organized annually in Speedway, Indiana. Together with the Monaco Grand Prix and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the prize comprises one of the most prestigious motorsport events in the world.
The car accompanied Ralf Mulford to his third position at the 1916 Indianapolis 500 Mile Race
The Peugeot race car engine was initially designed as a 3.0-liter, but then was upgraded to a 4.5-liter, 4-cylinder, mated with dual overhead camshafts, and able to produce a max torque of 112 hp at 2,800 rpm. Besides, the race car incorporated semi-elliptical leaf spring suspension, mechanical drum brakes at 4 corners, and live front & rare axles.
The car has 4.5-liter 4-cylinder engine, and able to produce a max torque of 112 hp at 2,800 rpm
During early 1990’s, French car marque ruled the motorsport races. In 1913 Indianapolis race, Jule Goux was at the wheel of a similar model to his way to victory.
Reviews and prices of Peugeot cars in Nigeria:
- Peugeot 206 2004 Review
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (Update in 2019)
- 307 Peugeot 2008 review
- Peugeot 301 and 307 Prices in Nigeria (Update in 2019)
- Peugeot 406 2004 Review
- Peugeot 406 & 407 Prices in Nigeria (Update in 2019)
- 2010 Peugeot 407 Review
- A review of the best Peugeot sports car ever - the Peugeot RCZ (Update in 2019)
- Peugeot 508 2017 Review (Update in 2019)
- Peugeot 508 prices in Nigeria: new, tokunbo & Nigerian used car prices
- Latest updates on Peugeot price in Nigeria (Update in 2019)