Naijauto.com has not featured any post or review yet on the 2019 Ford Everest as at the time that Coscharis Motors unveiled this powerful SUV at the recent Lagos International Motor Show. This is why we are particularly excited to give you guys a quick review of the vehicle as it is now much closer and reachable on the Nigerian auto market.
Coscharis Motors unveils the all-new 2019 Ford Everest in Lagos
Coscharis Motors has truly become a household name generally in the Nigerian automotive world, and the brand has proven its relevance again by being first to introduce the 2019 Ford Everest SUV into the Nigerian auto market.
The all-new 2019 Ford Everest unveiled by Coscharis Motors at the Lagos International Motor Show
This new Ford Everest is currently the most sophisticated seven-seater “Everest” SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) on the auto market for now.
This recent unveiling of the Ford Everest Limited and XLT Range took place earlier this month on May 8, 2019, at the recently concluded 14th Lagos International Motor Show held at Federal Palace Hotel & Casino, Lagos, Nigeria.
The new SUV delivers a refreshed design packed with an interior that is now more luxurious and offers an improved comfort level. It also comes with an updated suspension configuration that really delivers better steering control and precision together with greater ride refinement.
Executives of NADDC, Coscharis Motors and others in a group photograph taking at the event
This new Everest is much more appealing than it has ever been with a larger range of feature upgrades, suspension and styling. Being Ford’s premium sort of offering in the current rapidly growing and evolving SUV market, the 2019 Everest definitely puts much emphasis on its quality, luxury and refinement matched to its exceptional practicality and space as well.
Coscharis Motors’ GM of Marketing and Communications, Abiona Babarinde gave a statement at the unveiling saying;
“We are excited the new Everest will be joining our local line-up. The new Everest will provide Ford with an important position in the SUV segment, it is a segment which continues to grow in Africa, as well as around the world. Consumers are opting for versatile, family-oriented vehicles that suit their active lifestyles,”
He also stated that;
“With the New Everest, we have raised the game even further by introducing subtle yet effective styling updates with the eye-catching exterior, providing a more refined and luxurious cabin environment, adding several new trend-setting technologies to the already feature-packed range, and building on the outgoing model’s superb comfort and ride refinement with a revised suspension set-up. More so, the Everest comes in diesel engines, which is what some of our oil services customers have been yearning for, as it is more ideal for access into highly inflammable locations than its petrol counterpart.”
2019 Ford Everest SUV – What’s in store?
Below are some of the notable features of the newly unveiled 2019 Ford Everest SUV:
- Rugged offroad capabilities with a more refined sense of artistry
- Refreshed grille
- Redesigned lower bumper
- New and classy 20inch wheels (with a modern split spoke design)
- Darker Wheel accent paints
- Newer exterior body colour (with smooth champagne highlights)
What do you think of the Liquid-like feel of the unveiled 2019 Everest SUV’s exterior?
2019 Ford Everest SUV – What’s has the engine got to offer?
This latest model from Ford Everest gets upgraded & more powerful engine together with powertrain specifications as below!
- You get a 2.2L or 3.2L Duratorq TDCi engine
- The 2.2L Duratorq TDCi engine with 385Nm and 118kW (featured in the Everest XLT derivatives) mated to a choice of 6speed automatic or manual derivatives.
- Electronic differential lock (standard across all of its range).
- The 3.2L 5cylinder TDCi engine with 470Nm and 147kW (featured on the XLT model) mated to a choice of 6-speed automatic transmission and a 4-wheel-drive system.
- Ford’s intuitive and seamless Terrain Management System (all the Everest 4x4 models)
- Suspension improvements (front-mounted stabilizer now moved to the front axle’s rear)
The new car stole much attention during the Lagos International Motor Show after its unveiling
2019 Ford Everest SUV – What about safety and technology?
You can't miss the list of safety features on this 2019 Everest model!
- PEPS (Passive Entry and Passive Start system) comes standard on the Limited and XLT models
- SAPPA (SemiAutomatic Parallel Park Assist)
- EPAS (Electric PowerAssisted Steering)
- Forward Collision Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Aid
- Blind Spot Information System (plus cross-traffic alert)
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
- Auto High Beam Control
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- TC (Traction control)
- TSC (Trailer Sway Control)
- HAS (Hill Start Assist)
- HDC (Hill Descent Control) on all the 4x4 models
- LAC (Load Adaptive control)
- ROM (Roll Over Mitigation)
- Full Category 1 Thatcham specification alarm (standard on all the Limited and XLT models)
2019 Ford Everest SUV and the SYNC® infotainment system
Finally, to provide the best comfort for drivers, 2019 Ford Everest SUV is equipped with various entertainment devices:
- SYNC® technology (exceptional connectivity, multimedia options and intuitive voice control)
- SYNC®3 technology with Navigation (standard on the Limited model) and also linked to the fully integrated 8inch touchscreen colour display, 2 USB ports as well as Bluetooth connectivity plus Apple CarPlay.
- Tracks4Africa is also included with maps for over 20 different African countries.
- 5years of free map updates annually
- The Ford Everest XLT model by standard comes with the brand’s SYNC®1 system together with audio streaming and Bluetooth voice control, a 4.2inch coloured screen as well as Aux ports and USB ports.
2019 New Ford Everest - The Best SUV!!
What else is left to say about the newly unveiled 2019 Ford Everest with all of its above-mentioned mouthwatering packed features?
If you are the typical SUV lover, just go for it!
>>> To see Automobile News update and latest Car Releases, navigate to our car news, auto-launch, and automotive industry updates.