However, there are still vehicles where stick-shifts make sense, particularly when it comes to high performance sports cars. The car with a clutch pedal requires more techniques to master and thus, makes the motorist a more skillful driver. Many automakers as well as car buyers still see the beauty of the stick-shifts.
Check out the following list to see 6 of the greatest manual transmission equipped cars available today. Please note that it is not the most exhaustive list of all manual tranny-equipped models. Some have been excluded as their automatic versions achieve much better gas mileage.
1. Mitsubishi Mirage G4 2017
Mitsubishi Mirage G4 2017: Better-looking exterior
The Mitsubishi Mirage G4 comes with great warranty and a maximum gas mileage. It always presents a balance between visual and function.
- Easy to throw around
- Better-looking exterior
- Spacious interior
- Smooth engine
- Large trunk space
- 1.2L 3-cylinder MIVEC engine mated to a manual or CVT transmission
- Affordable price
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4
2. Honda Jazz 2017
Honda Jazz 2017: Attractive appearance
- High reliability
- Accessible cabin
- Attractive appearance
- 1.5L chain-driven in-line 4-cylinder 16-valve engines with i-VTEC mated to either a 5-speed manual or automatic
Honda Jazz Review 2017 Show Off New Modification Body
3. Ford Fiesta Hatchback 2017
Ford Fiesta Hatchback 2017: Excellent handling
Ford Fiesta hatchback’s hot-hatch design, tiny in size and comfortable to drive have made it a favorite among adrenaline lovers:
- Excellent handling
- Well felt agility
- The first mini car to earn the Top Safety Pick Award by the U.S. Insurance Institute
- Either a 1.0L Eco Boost or a 1.5L gasoline engine, paired with either a 5-speed manual or 6-speed power shift transmission
Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Safe and well made
4. Chevrolet Spark 2017
Chevrolet Spark 2017: A decent, dependable car at parking and zipping around the city
The subcompact hatchback is the smallest Chevy ever made, but don’t be fooled by its unassuming stance. Its nice appearance, comfortable interior, and price range make the Chevrolet Spark a great choice for first-car buyers.
- A decent, dependable car at parking and zipping around the city
- A 1.4L engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or CTV transmission
2017 Chevrolet Spark: Review
5. Hyundai Accent 2017
Hyundai Accent 2017: Great performance
The Hyundai Accent is a great choice for beginning drivers, most budget-conscious purchasers, as well as people who are into the cab business in our country.
- Great performance
- Fuel efficient
- Ample interior
- Cutting edge look
- A 1.6L diesel engine with VGT, or a 1.4L gasoline engine with CVT, mated to either a 6-speed manual or CVT type transmission
Nice interior and spacious luggage space is evident, plus a decent amount of creature comforts make the Hyundai Accent a formidable rival against the very popular Toyota Vios.
Hyundai Accent 2017 Car Review
6. Subaru WRX STI 2017
Subaru WRX STI 2017: Available only as a sedan
The Subaru WRX is made for the enthusiast driver:
- Abundant power
- Remarkably nimble handling
- Available only as a sedan
- One of the most favorite cars featured in “The Fast and Furious”
- 2.5L Turbo-Intercooler High-Boost 4-Cylinder Boxer Engine and SI-Drive Technology
2017 Subaru WRX STI Driving Review | Test Drive | Road Test
Spending your hard earned money on fuel is the worst. Why do you toss cash into the road and watch as people scramble for it? Refueling is not many people’s idea of fun. Luckily, there’s a better way to actually have fun while cutting down the most boring spending category imaginable. You can buy and drive a car with a manual transmission where you are in control of gear selection.
Automatic vs Manual Transmission