Car buyers should not only choose between make, model, and type but also decide if they should go for a new or second-hand car.
Both new and used vehicles have its upsides and downsides. It is important to consider which one will fit your financial situation and needs better. In our today’s article, Naijauto.com has listed advantages as well as disadvantages of buying a new car and a used one. Hope you can take this as a good reference to reach a prudent decision.
Advantages of buying a new car
- You will have fewer repair worries in the first few years of ownership, and if any, they are often covered by the warranty.
- The car will come with the latest technologies which provide a better experience and also better fuel economy.
- And of course, you’ll be the first one to use it, hence a flawless and perfectly functional car.
Buying a new car, you are protected against car repairs with manufacturer warranty
Disadvantages of buying a new car
- Heavier finance burden will be your biggest hindrance since it costs way more than a second-hand car.
- Your vehicle can still get flaws in its production (though rarely) that the manufacturer hasn’t found out.
- 7 mistakes car buyers usually commit and how to avoid them
- One step worth checking when buying a used car in Nigeria
- 5 best cars for new drivers
Advantages of buying a used car
- Cheaper price tags make used cars an affordable option for many people.
- You can better research on the internet for reference and advice on the model since it has been used for a while, so many reviews have been available on the internet.
Picking an old one also poses fewer financial burdens
Disadvantages of buying a used car
- Time surely worsens everything, cars included. Buying an old vehicle means you take risks of more repairs which may come in future while the warranty period may have been overdue. Correspondingly, it may take higher repair costs.
- Being outdated with old technologies. Used cars lack new techno, which may wear your interest out sooner.
I hope that you have a clearer notion of which car option you should go for now. Stay tuned on Naijauto.com for more handy tips and advice for car buying.