Tricycles or Keke Napep as Nigerian call them, are one of the most prevalent means of street transportation in many Nigerian cities. Keke Napep became more popular after the Prohibition of the use of Motorcycles (popularly referred to as okada) in major cities of the Federation.
Keke Napep became popular in Nigeria after the ban on motorcycles (popularly known as okada) for commercial purpose on Nigerian roads
Are you planning to start a Keke Napep business and looking for prices of tricycles in Nigeria? In this article by NaijAuto.com, you’ll find the latest Keke Napep prices in Nigeria 2020, addresses of popular Keke Napep dealers in Nigeria and some business models you can use to earn money from the Keke Napep business. Let’s go!
Why Keke Napep business is lucrative
So you decided to invest in Keke Napep business. I’ve got to tell you it is still a very lucrative and profitable business in this 2020 and for years to come. See why:
- The need for an affordable transportation from the suburban is huge, as a lot of commuters who live far away from the city center can’t afford the cost of daily transport by taxi.
- As motor bikes have been banned, thousands of Keke Napep would be needed in major city to meet the demand of transporting passengers to and fro cities.
- Keke Napep industry is supported by the Government. It actually has announced its plan to boost the use of Keke Napep by introducing solar-powered Keke Napep with 2020 budget.
Some easy business models you can try with Keke Napep & how much the profit is
There are many ways you can earn money with Keke Napep, we are gonna show you feasible and easy models you can adopt for a Keke Napep business that guarantee decent, or even fat profit.
- The most common way, you can drive a Keke Napep yourself. An income of N4,000 can be made in a day and an average of N120,000 in a month.
- If you don’t like driving, you can purchase a Keke Napep and hire a trustworthy person to ride it for you while paying a particular sum to you every day.
- You can also own a Keke Napep transport company. You may purchase about ten (10) tricycles and employ trained and experienced persons to drive them. Drivers could be paid monthly.
- If you cannot oversee the aforementioned business, you can begin a Keke Napep hire purchase service where you purchase a number of tricycles and give to the Keke Napep riders associations or a particular keke rider. They will keep on paying regularly until the initial sum invested and some interests have been paid. A profit of about N50,000 and N 150,000 can be gotten in three to six months depending on the initial agreements.
- You can start a shuttle service with Keke Napep just as a car shuttle business.
If you cannot foot the bills of stating this business, there are banks, co-operatives and Non Governmental organizations who can willingly fund the purchase of your tricycles while you pay back a portion to cover your loans. With the profit you earn, you can pay up in 3 months. A Keke Napep can last 3 years on average.
Keke Napep prices in Nigeria
So how much is a tricycle? Model of tricycle, place of purchase, time of purchase and currency exchange rates are key factors that determine tricycle prices in Nigeria. Naijauto gathers that you can start your business with a fairly used one priced at N200,000 - 300,000 on average. When you have earned a stable income and cumulated enough money to expand you business, you can buy more keke napeps or a new one to increase the service qualiry. New Keke Napep is sold at from N500,000 to N850,000.
Popular brands of Keke Napep in Nigeria you can consider
As the demand for tricycles keeps rising in Nigeria, a number of brands have found its way into the Nigerian market and they include:
- Suzuki: Suzuki is a Japanese multinational corporation that manufactures four-wheel drive vehicles, automobiles, motorcycles, tricycles among others. The Suzuki tricycle is one of the most popular brands available in the market. It is characterized by its durability, forte and its efficiency. One major advantage of acquiring this brand of tricycle is that its spare part is easily accessible anywhere in the country.
- Bajaj: Established in 1926, Bajaj Auto has built its reputation as a well-known Indian motored vehicle brand across several countries in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, South and South East Asia. It is ranked as the fourth largest two and three wheeler producer in the world. The Bajaj tricycle is affordable, durable and can adapt to the harsh weather conditions.
- Piaggio: Piaggio is an Italian motor vehicle manufacturer, which produces a range of two and three-wheeled vehicles. Piaggio tricycle has an exceptional ability to economize the use of fuel so you can save fuel cost in the long run.
Other brands you may be interested in looking out for include:
- Keke Napep TVS
- Keke Napep Daylong
- Keke Napep VESPA
- Keke Napep Zongshen etc.
Prices of brand new Keke Napep in Nigeria
|Brand new Keke Napep prices in Nigeria|
|Bajaj||₦600,000 to ₦850,000|
|Daylong||₦500,000 to ₦600,000|
|Piaggio||₦550,000 to ₦700,000|
|TVS||₦550,000 to ₦700,000|
Prices of fairly used Keke Napep in Nigeria
Tricycles are durable and if they are properly used, they can be sold to another person. The disadvantage of buying a fairly used tricycle is that it can develop fault more easily than a brand new one. The variation in the prices depends on how long the tricycle has been on the road.
|Fairly used Keke Napep prices in Nigeria|
|Bajaj||₦200,000 to ₦350,000|
|Daylong||₦180,000 to ₦350,000|
|Piaggio||₦180,000 to ₦300,000|
|TVS||₦250,000 to ₦350,000|
What to consider when buying a tricycle
- Budget: This is the most important factor to be considered when purchasing a tricycle. Keke prices vary, so you may need to purchase the one that suits your pocket.
- Brand: When acquiring a tricycle, it is important to take note of the brand. Certain brands like Bajaj have a good reputation of producing quality tricycle. You may want to avoid brands that have not been tested.
- Fuel consumption: Fuel is important in the day to day usage of the tricycle. Although tricycles generally economize its use of fuel, brands like piaggio incorporates a technology that helps you save fuel more than other brands.
- Availability of spare parts: you may want to avoid brands that were just introduced into the market as their spare parts may not be readily available.
- Durability: Nigerian roads are not in its best state, especially in rural areas. The condition of the road is not friendly to vehicles that ply on them, hence the need for tricycles that are long lasting and tough.
You can enter a kind of business agreement with someone to ride your Keke Napep while remitting some percentage to you on weekly basis
Dealers in Lagos & Abuja you can find Keke Napep for sale
There are so many Keke Napep dealers in Nigeria. Here are some dealers in Lagos and Abuja that sells good Keke Napeps you can visit to buy one:
Business Address: Plot 10, Block D, Acme Road, Ogba Industral Estate, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Double Dove Nigeria Limited
Business Address: 44, Cole Street, Ebute Metta, Lagos Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
Oas Imperia Nigeria Limited
Business Address: Plot 452, 1R Road, Federal Housing Authority, Abuja Central, Abuja Municipal, Abuja, Nigeria
Business Address: 3rd Floor, 10, Ijora Causeway, UBA Building, Ijora, Ajeromi Ifelodun, Lagos, Nigeria
Amaecom Global Nigeria Limited
Business Address: Suite10, Plot 2121, Ambeez Plaza,Ndola Crescent, Zone 5, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria
De Akasten Nike Nigeria Limited
Business Address: 162, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Omole Phase 1, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
K.F. Ajadi Nig. Enterprises
Business Address: 72, Iga Idungaran Street, Idumota Market, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Business Address: 14A, Illupeju Road, Ilupeju, Mushin, Lagos, Nigeria
Ezeigbo Tricycle/Keke Napep
Business Address: Herbart Macaulay Street Oyingbo Lagos Mainland Lagos Nigeria
Business Address: 34/36, Coates Street, Ebute Metta, Lagos Mainland, Lagos, Nigeria
Saint Mercy Investment Limited
Business Address: 43B, Layi Oyekomi Street, Ilasamaja, Mushin, Mushin, Lagos, Nigeria
Business Address: 20, Oluwakemi Street, Alapere-Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos, Nigeria
Zhope Automobiles Nigeria Limited
Business Address: 126, Citec Villa, Abuja Central, Abuja Municipal, Abuja, Nigeria
Business Address: 473, Lagos Abeokuta Express Road, Abule-Egba, Ifako Ijaiye, Lagos, Nigeria
Business Address: Bashy Oil Filling Station Idimu Ebgeda Alimosho Lagos Nigeria
Running a Keke Napep business is a feasible way to earn a living. It is in high demand, relatively easy to do with modest / moderate investment. With the above information of Keke Napep prices in Nigeria, buying tips and business models, we at Naijauto truly hopes you can buy good Keke Napep(s) and start earning the nairas soon!
How I make money in Lagos as a female Keke NAPEP driver - Mother