With the currently increasing demand for the Toyota compact car, we have prepared and presented below the best things about the car for you before buying the Toyota Matrix in Nigeria.
The Toyota Matrix is mostly praised for impressive mechanical engineering and styling features among its competitors
1. Toyota Matrix buying guide
In a broad view, we will like to first mention that most Nigerian car dealers only supply two categories of the Toyota Matrix compact car which include all versions made between 2003 – 2008 model years and every other version made from the year 2009 till date.
The reason for this is due to the fact that the 2009 model was a redesign year for this compact Toyota car. This means that you will find all models made before 2009 to be pretty much alike in so many ways likewise all other models made after that year as well.
1.1. Things to know about the 2003 – 2008 Toyota Matrix models:
- They are Corolla-based smaller wagon cars that come with either all-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive.
- They are reliable and practical.
- They offer easy access, completely foldable rear seats, and large load floor.
- They have modest performance starting from the 1.8-litre 4-Cylinder engine base models all the way to the top trims.
- The XRS models come with a very powerful engine but need a lot of power from the 6-speed manual gearbox to rev it for good power output.
- Fairly nimble handling and maybe a little jittery ride.
- The all-wheel-drive system works great but at the detriment of fuel economy and acceleration of the car.
- They usually have limited room space for the left foot and a sort of longer reach to the steering wheel which usually hurts some drivers.
- Little to no stability control.
The 2003 – 2008 models of the Toyota Matrix are the most common on Nigerian roads
1.2. Things to know about the 2009 – 2013 Toyota Matrix models:
- They all come with a more powerful engine than the earlier model years.
- They feature a newer refreshed design compared to older models made before the year 2009.
- They offer remarkable fuel economy (27mpg) including the all-wheel-drive, 2.4-litre 4-Cylinder engine option.
- They feature more cargo and passenger space with a high roof that makes it easier for taller people to enter and exit.
- Extra-long and huge cargoes can be hauled into the car when the front passenger seats and rear seats are folded.
- Engine and road noise always bleed into the car thereby giving an overall cheap interior feel.
- They feature hard plastic lining at the cargo area and this lets smaller items to slide around in a way that pinches rear visibility too often when driving.
- They feature stability control by standard starting from the 2010 model year upwards.
Every model of the Toyota Matrix made after 2009 feature refreshed designed and overall improved performance
>>> You might also like to read: Toyota Matrix prices in Nigeria & its 4 recalls (2020 update)
2. Toyota Matrix maintenance tips
Maintaining a Toyota Matrix hatchback is no different from any other Toyota car especially the Toyota Corolla sedans. Below is a short video clip that pretty much highlights and demonstrates some of the basic, yet important maintenance tips every Toyota car owner should know and always apply:
Video: Toyota Maintenance Instructional Video | Edged Video Production
Having gone through this short but detailed article like the one above about buying the Toyota Matrix in Nigeria, we believe you should be fully equipped with enough information to make the right car buying decision from here. Good luck!
>>> If you love the Toyota Matrix and looking for one to buy, check out our Toyota Matrix for sale on Naijauto.com now!